Dallas, Texas, June 30, 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE — You’ve probably been in an accident with a negligent driver or wrecked within the past two years. It can be very distressing. You may feel high on adrenaline and be overwhelmed by worry.
Tate Law Offices PC have been representing victims of auto accidents for years and obtaining them compensation. They have a 99 percent success rate and know what to do in the months and years following a collision.
Steps to Take After a Dallas Car Accident
Here are five steps that Tate Law Offices PC outlines after a car accident.
1. Take care of your injuries and yourself
Your mental and physical health should be your top priority. An auto accident can be very stressful and frightening. You may feel panicked or in shock. Seek immediate medical attention if the collision is not yet complete.
Even minor collisions can cause serious damage to your system. You and your passengers should be safe and out of danger. Keep track of all medical bills and follow your treatment plan. Also, make sure to tell your doctor about any injuries you may have, even if they are minor.
2. Document evidence and get the facts as soon as possible following a wreck
Although the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming, you should remember that insurance will likely be a major issue. Document any injuries sustained or negligence by the other driver.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and that of another person’s vehicle
- Note the names and numbers of witnesses to the accident.
- Make a voice memo on your phone to talk about what happened
- If possible, get a police report
This evidence is essential in order to win a settlement.
3. Talk to a personal Injury attorney, not an insurance adjuster
You should not speak with an insurance adjuster following a car accident. They are skilled negotiators and will try to reduce the value of your claim as much as possible. Talking to them before you consult a personal injury lawyer is a risky move that could endanger any chance of getting compensation.
Talk to a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can after your accident. The insurance adjusters will reach out to you as soon as possible and try car wreck lawyer dallas to get you caught while you are still vulnerable. A car accident lawyer can help you to understand your rights and provide the information necessary to make informed decisions.
4. Calculate the amount of compensation you are entitled for emotional and physical distress
Each case is different and the amount that you will be able to recover in damages will vary. It all depends on how severe your injuries are. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash and tendon ears, can occur.
- Paralysis (spinal cord injuries)
- Traumatic brain injury
Tate Law Offices PC’s goal is to maximize each client’s case by gathering all the information necessary to obtain the compensation you and your family deserve. This is done by gathering evidence:
- Car rental, car repair or replacement
- Future and past medical expenses
- Loss of income and future earning potential
- The two most painful things in life are suffering and pain
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
All of it. They are experts in the field with a success rate of over 99%.
5. Let the lawyers do their work and let you concentrate on your rehabilitation and recovery
After speaking with an car accident lawyer in Dallas-Fort-Worth, it is highly recommended that you wait until your injuries are fully healed or you have achieved maximum medical improvement before agreeing to a settlement. The personal injury lawyers will have a full understanding of your medical bills and what future expenses may be.